ECE 22-06 - we inform you about the new helmet standard
Motorcycling actually stands for pure emotion, but today it should be about a sober number. Or rather, the new ECE 22-06 standard, according to which motorcycle helmets will be tested in the future. We tell you what the new standard is all about and what measures result from it.
- All motorcycle helmets that are currently in circulation with the ECE 22.05 standard can still be worn and are safe!
- Since the beginning of 2021, motorcycle helmets can also be tested and approved according to the new ECE 22-06 standard.
- From 03.06.2022, tests will then only be carried out according to the new standard.
- From June 3rd, 2023, it is no longer allowed to produce helmets with the 22.05 standard.
- From 03.01.2024, the sale of helmets with standard 22.05 could then be prohibited.
- Older helmets with the 22.05 standard, which are still in circulation after the production ban, can still be worn.
- So there is no obligation to exchange older helmets.